Friday 8 March 2013

Styling the Shirt Dress

In the good news, looks like I didn't get my boyfriend's cold after all.  In the bad news, I got strep throat instead.  Since I'm feeling a little woozy, I'll apologize in advance if I'm not as completely coherent as I usually am.

I went with something low key for today, a couple ways to style a shirt dress.  I've used the same one as I did from the Wish List, from H&R London.  You'll see a couple things carrying over from the two sytlings, and I'm planning to do this again for the swing dress tomorrow, and you'll see things carry over again.  The theory here is embracing the not-unlimited wardrobe. 

I already have a trench coat that's similar to this one.  Mine doesn't have the nice dark trim, but that would be a simple project for an afternoon someday if I wanted too.   I have some ankle boots.  Mine are black.  I saw a pair very much like these at Walmart a month ago, and I'm still kicking myself for not grabbing them...



This outfit is a little bit more dressed up than the fist one, with the pumps and the pillbox.  But, it has the same coat as the first version.  The same petticoat as well.   The red patent leather pumps will be a staple.  The thick red belt should be pretty easy to pick up somewhere, and doesn't have to be expensive.  The pillbox hat adds that finishing touch to the look. 

Those are my thoughts for the day.  Sorry for the brevity, but strep throat is kicking my butt.  Until tomorrow dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment