Friday 30 January 2015

Wardrobe Architect 4 -- Silhouettes

This is Week Four of the Wardrobe Architect Series from the Colletterie.  This week's task was to design your Silhouettes, or wardrobe templates.

I've designed five templates for my outfits.  I've picked two types of dresses, a simple full skirted dress with a fitted bodice, and a warp/faux-wrap dress.  I also chose pants and a top, a circle skirt and a top, or an A-line skirt and a top.


The stockings above are all from What Katie Did,  I haven't tried them personally, but I've heard wonderful things about them from around the blogosphere, and they're definitely on my wish list!

I've got a few patterns in mind for the dresses, particularly the ones on the Pinterest Board.

I've got quite a few top patterns to use as well. There are the the two that I've made already, the Portrait Blouse and B6085, as well as the vintage S1590.  I'm sure I'll come across some others as I go, but that's what I've come up with so far.

For pants, I've been relatively happy with my latest rendition of B5682, but I would also like to try out my two Wearing History Patterns.

Circle skirts obviously will not need a pattern.  I'd love to do a tutorial, if anyone would be interested, in drafting and constructing a circle skirt.

There's one A-Line skirt I'd like to make up, from Sew News August / September of last year.  It has a cute sailor-style button front.  I haven't picked any other ones specifically, but A-line skirts are easy to draft as well, or to come across patterns for if I really need one.

And there we are, Silhouettes outlined!  Let me know in the comments if you'd be interested in a Circle Skirt Tutorial or Sew Along -- I'd love to arrange something.

No comments:

Post a Comment